- Linseed/ Flaxseed meal (Basically same thing.)
- Almonds (Crushed/whole)
- Coffee/ green tea (Ask if you want any recommendations.)
- Milk (2%)
- Natural Greek Yogurt (No added flavorings)
- Cream cheese and/or grated cheese
- Brussel sprouts
- Garlic/ Ginger /Onions
- Celeriac ( Some don’t know about this but it’s a root vegetable, with a lot less carbs then potato.)
- Tuna (canned or even fresh as long as not breaded.)
- Double Cream
- Meat; Lamb, chicken, beef (mince), pork,(chops,mince, bacon etc) Turkey etc.
W hen buying meats like burgers, sausages, meatballs etc. Please note that they use wheat based products to hold them together, because of this look for ‘Gluten free’ versions as they have less carbs. They may be expensive however, I wait for chances when I see them reduced and nab them!
- Chinese / Gem lettuce
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Courgette (Peeled like spaghetti)
- Chia seeds
- Condiments; Mayo (Garlic & Herb one is nice),5% reduced sugar ketchup.
Make sure you definitely check the back of condiments as they usually have lot’s of sugar put into them, but normal full fat mayo is usually fine.
- Oxo cubes/ Stock pots (Beef, Chicken & Vegetable. Not gravy granules!)
- Sweeteners; Stevia or Sucralose. ( These are only sweetener’s I use in hot drinks)
- Fruit; Strawberries, Raspberries.
- Schar Gluten Free Bread (Would recommend after low carbing for a while or you cannot live without bread, be warned it is still 11g carbs a slice. However for Gluten Free bread it tastes amazing!)
- Frozen Vegetables; Cauliflower, Broccoli, Suede & Carrot.
There is some assumption that frozen is not as healthy for you as fresh vegetable, however this is not correct. Freezing keeps all nutrients in until they’re boiled and eaten.
- Oil/ Oil spray (Extra Virgin Olive oil/ Coconut Oil recommend NOT sunflower.)
- Carbonated Sugar free flavored water/ Still Lemon and Lime Volvic water.
- 85% Lindt Dark Chocolate (At the beginning this might be a bit bitter, but it helped my chocolate cravings. Having a square with a coffee. One whole bar is only 19g carbs including sugars, that doesn’t mean eat the whole bar though! If you are a chocoholic like me try to stick to one square a day!)
What you can also have but not for me…
- Veal, venison, bison etc
- Kale, eggplant
- Bell peppers
- Avocado, olives etc
Many more others, if you want to know if anything specific is alright feel free to ask me.
All good making healthy meals but some people are busy and on the go all the time. Here are some snacks I eat on the go. Please don’t replace snacks with full meals!
- Pepperami ( high% pork snacks)
- Pork Scratchings
- Fruit; Most berries are low sugar (Not cherries or grapes. Some fruit can have a lot of sugars. For example; apples, bananas etc)
- Carrot sticks
- Sugar free Jelly pots
- Beef Jerky
- Low carb Bars e.g Atkins ( Will do a post about these including info on polys! In short these bars contain sugar alcohols, which are not absorbed like normal sugars. Although this is different person to person affecting weight loss.)